Anchoring at Catalina Cruise
3-day cruise to Catalina. Learn, practice, and master anchoring and mooring skills. Endorsements available.
No Moorings? No Problem!
Anchoring Endorsement Available
Anchoring confidently with bow and stern anchors, and with a single hook, are perhaps the most important skills when it comes to enjoying sailing as well as Catalina.
Consider this – have you ever worried about whether moorings would be available, or gotten stressed about the online reservation system? No worries here. When you understand where and how to anchor under the stars, you’ll experience the best parts of the island. Moorings will become just another option, and not something to worry about.
On this trip you’ll navigate from Long Beach to Catalina, and learn to anchor both bow and stern, and with a single anchor off the bow, in the best coves on Catalina. This is the perfect way to learn how the confident cruisers do it around the world without having to depend on getting a mooring. Bring your spouse/partner/buddy along and learn to work as a team.
No upcoming scheduled cruises
If a convenient date is not available, please contact us to set your own date and cruise!
Earn your NauticEd anchoring endorsement too!
2 double cabins available. See below for pricing and details.
Cost includes your professional captain, provisions for meals, drinking water, and everything having to do with the boat – safety gear, fuel, dinghy and outboard, and mooring fees if any.
What’s Not Included:
Not included in the trip fee is transportation to and from the marina, hotel stays before, during, or after the trip, meals ashore, or alcohol.
Upon successfully completing the cruise and mastering anchoring, you’ll be eligible for NauticEd’s Anchoring and Mooring Endorsement on your sailing resume and certificate.
$2,195 per private cabin – up to 2 persons per cabin
- 8% Long Beach Harbor fee applies.
- 5% Loyalty discount for Santana Sailing School grads and past cruise participants.
- $90 per person for provisions.
- Deposit is 60% at the time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to departure date.
- Please see Payment Options.
- Refunds are given only in the event of trip cancellation. If your plans change after you’ve booked, we’ll keep a credit for you to use on a future trip for the next 12 months. Please see our Trip Cancellation Policy. By paying for your class, you agree to this Trip Cancellation Policy.
- Get started with a Trip Application.
- Contact us with any questions.
Step One in applying to participate in a Santana Sailing training trip is to fill out the Sailing Adventure Online Application. This will help us to better determine your needs, qualifications, and compatibility with Santana Sailing and its mission. We will contact you after reviewing your application to discuss and confirm your sail training objectives, travel arrangements, and the next steps including your deposit for the trip.