Catalina Island Slow Sailing Cruise
3-day fun and relaxing sailing cruise to Catalina. Enjoy sailing to Catalina, dinner ashore, and anchoring out one night in a cove under the stars.
Santa Catalina Island
For aspiring passage makers and just for fun, this is an easy going trip to the island that’s also great for first timers. Over three days we’ll show you Avalon and have dinner ashore, visit the Isthmus, and anchor out for a night at one of the beautiful coves on the north side.
This is a great opportunity to learn with someone who’s been to where you want to go, and knows what you want to know (see this blog). More experienced hands are welcome, and everyone will gain some experience in these areas…
- Learn about provisioning for the trip
- Learn about and participate in the planning the passage
- Make navigational and sail trim decisions along the way
- Get a mooring assignment from the Harbor Patrol and venture ashore in the dinghy
- Get anchoring experience
- Have dinner under the stars in a beautiful cove, on our own.
Please contact us to set your own dates for this cruise!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an introductory cruise, not a certification cruise with formal instruction. You will learn a ton just by being there, and if you want to get involved in anchoring, navigating and running the boat, that’ll be perfect. Menu planning and provisioning (except for dinner ashore) is included.
Cost includes your professional captain, provisions for meals, drinking water, and everything having to do with the boat – safety gear, fuel, dinghy and outboard, and mooring fees if any.
What’s Not Included:
Not included in the trip fee is transportation to and from the marina, hotel stays before, during, or after the trip, meals ashore, or alcohol.
Upon successfully completing the cruise and mastering anchoring, you’ll be eligible for NauticEd’s Anchoring and Mooring Endorsement on your sailing resume and certificate.
$1,995 per private cabin – up to 2 persons per cabin
- 8% Long Beach Harbor fee applies.
- 5% Loyalty discount for Santana Sailing School grads and past cruise participants.
- $90 per person for provisions.
- Deposit is 60% at the time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to departure date.
- Please see Payment Options.
- Refunds are given only in the event of trip cancellation. If your plans change after you’ve booked, we’ll keep a credit for you to use on a future trip for the next 12 months. Please see our Trip Cancellation Policy. By paying for your class, you agree to this Trip Cancellation Policy.
- Get started with a Trip Application.
- Contact us with any questions.
Step One in applying to participate in a Santana Sailing training trip is to fill out the Sailing Adventure Online Application. This will help us to better determine your needs, qualifications, and compatibility with Santana Sailing and its mission. We will contact you after reviewing your application to discuss and confirm your sail training objectives, travel arrangements, and the next steps including your deposit for the trip.