Spanish Virgin Islands Saba 50 Catamaran Cruise
April 13-20, 2024
7-Day Cruise in the islands near Puerto Rico. An eloquent blend of education, adventure, and leisure—a truly modern approach to sailing training.
This is how to have a sailing vacation!
- Quality and comfort.
- Exceptional Saba 50 catamaran.
- Top-flight instruction.
- You’ll say, “This is how I’m going to do it!”
Your upcoming sail training trip with Captain Marc Hughston, of Santana Sailing, takes place in the Spanish Virgin islands near Puerto Rico. We’re blending high-end training with the pleasures of a luxury vacation. It’s a modern, experiential learning adventure set in one of the world’s most captivating sailing destinations.
With only three cabins available and a maximum of six students, we are focusing on quality and comfort. Your own private cabin and ample space for everyone on board ensures personalized attention and a conducive learning environment.
To elevate the experience further, our professional hostess will be dedicated to preparing delicious gourmet meals throughout the voyage. This addition adds a touch of luxury and allows students to focus fully on their training and enjoyment without the distractions of menu planning, meal prep and provisioning.
This is not a certification trip – it’s a sailing adventure, and you’ll learn by cruising the Spanish Virgin Islands with an expert instructor. In addition to the hands-on practical experience, the NauticEd online training curriculum (included) is crafted to cater to both beginners and advanced sailors. When you complete the online coursework prior to the trip, you’ll have knowledge that you’ll put directly into practice, and will be further along the track to successfully completing the competence assessment in your home waters.
- New sailors receive the NauticEd Yacht Charter Crew course online first to enhance the practical on-board training.
- More experienced sailors receive the NauticEd online Bareboat Charter Master and Catamaran Confidence Clinic courses prior, allowing them to enjoy and be comfortable with the navigational intricacies of the area, including reef navigation and anchoring in various bays and islands.
- The consistent trade winds of Puerto Rico provide an ideal setting for learning and honing sailing skills.
Optional half-day scuba diving excursion (additional cost). A dedicated dive boat will meet us at one of the picturesque islands, offering both beginner and advanced diving experiences. This addition not only diversifies the training but also allows for an exploration of the underwater wonders of the region.
This is an all inclusive experience which includes: Boat charter, insurance, fuel, end cleaning, skipper, hostess, 2 standup paddle boards, NauticEd Bareboat Charter Master Bundle of courses, Catamaran Confidence Clinic, or Yacht Charter Crew online course.
What’s Not Included:
Not included in the trip fee is transportation to and from the marina, hotel stays before, during, or after the trip, meals ashore, $250 pp for food and beverage aboard.
Private cabins with ensuite heads – up to 2 persons per cabin
- Cabin A: $6,795
- Cabin B: $6,350
- Cabin C: $6,350
- Provisioning $250 per person
- Deposit is 60% at the time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to departure date.
- Please see Payment Options.
- Refunds are given only in the event of trip cancellation. If your plans change after you’ve booked, we’ll keep a 50% credit for you to use on a future trip for the next 12 months. Please see our Trip Cancellation Policy. By paying for your class, you agree to this Trip Cancellation Policy.
- Get started with a Trip Application.
- Contact Us with any questions.