Commitment to Sailing Competence
Santana Sailing’s commitment to you becoming a Competent Sailor
After completing both Introduction To Sailing and Skipper Large Keelboat courses with us, you will be confident and competent to charter a mid-size sailboat for day sails on your own, in moderate conditions, within sight of land.
If you’re not ready, in your opinion or ours, we’ll invite you back for more training at no charge. That’s our commitment to you.
Building Competence and Confidence is What We Do
Let’s think about why you are doing this. If you’re like most of our students, you want to feel like you can get the boat ready, take her out of the slip, sail where you want to, handle things when the wind picks up, and bring her back into the slip feeling in control, with everyone having had a safe and enjoyable time. When You Know You Can Do It, and your family and friends know it too, you’ll make sailing memories that last a lifetime.
Why That Makes Us Different
- Other sailing schools will give you a certificate of attendance and use a checklist of the skills they’ve trained you on – and that’s just half the job.
- Santana Sailing and NauticEd provide training, coaching and assessment, and award a certificate of competence in the critical skills you need.
- Not everyone gets their certification on the first go, and you won’t get a certification from us by just paying the money and attending the class.
- You’ll earn it by completing your coursework and demonstrating that you really can perform the critical skills according to the ANSI sail training and assessment standards – of course, that’s what you really want, right?
Important Limitations on Receiving Additional Training For Free
- This offer is available only after completing both Introduction To Sailing, and Skipper Large Keelboat on the water training and assessment.
- You must have completed all of your NauticEd online coursework before the final class – we need your full commitment.
- You must attend all scheduled/rescheduled classes.
- This offer does not apply to one-day clinics, Bareboat Charter Master certification, Catamaran Competency Endorsement, or SLC training and/or assessment.
If Needed, How Do I Get Additional Training For Free?
- Join another on-going class with students at similar skill levels.
- Participate in one of the applicable Sailing Skill Clinics.
- We’ll work with you to figure out the best solution and schedule.
And you know, while that will sound revolutionary to my competitors, this commitment is exactly what you should expect from a sailing school. You should be able to gain the knowledge, the confidence, and the practical competence you’re looking for. We can help you get where you want to go in the world of sailing.
Marc Hughston, Chief Instructor