Sea of Cortez Slow Sailing Cruise
A captained Sea of Cortez slow sailing cruise and vacation that will take you through some of the most stunning cruising grounds in North America.
Here’s what Slow Cruising is all about…
Enjoying the cruising life. Slowing down. Snorkeling and really exploring without a time table. Trying to figure out the name of that starfish with 12 legs, or was it 13? Kayaking quietly among crabs, long-legged birds, and spotting Frigates and Blue Footed Boobies. Taking pictures. Sailing, navigating and anchoring. Exploring ashore where few people go. Learning to recognize the stingray just under the sand. Dinghy trips and cultural exchanges with local fisherman. Finding and exploring the sea caves. Marveling at weathered rock formations with crazy faces in them. Enjoying the solitude. Some more sailing, navigating and anchoring. Watching Mobula Rays leap from the water at sundown. Deciding whether to take another swim, go for a sail, have a Margarita, try the fresh made ceviche, or just relax and read another chapter.
This could be just the right trip for you…
- Are you exploring the world of sailing and want to see if it’s for you?
- Are you an experienced sailor or Santana Sailing Alum looking for a low key introduction to the Sea of Cortez?
Aspiring sailors will see the possibilities of learning to cruise on their own, and experienced hands will get a look at the very best these cruising grounds have to offer. Be ready as an active participant in running the boat, tidying up, and operating safely.
Designed for: This one week trip is especially well suited for sailors, both aspiring and experienced, who want to explore new cruising areas and linger a bit. You’ll naturally build confidence in your sailing, anchoring, & maneuvering skills. This is a low stress, easy going week on a Catamaran or Monohull.
Prerequisites: While cruising and sailing experience is not a requirement, you must be ready to participate in life on board a sailing catamaran. You’ll refill your own drinks, help out with vessel operation and keeping the boat and your cabin ship-shape. Be ready to learn all you can and participate fully. If you have sailing skills, we would love for you to use them. Participants should be in good physical condition.
- Your single private or shared cabin on a Lagoon 42 – 45 catamaran or similar vessel
- Professional USCG Licensed captain, and first mate
- 2 Kayaks, dinghy and outboard, fuel, port fees and permits, everything having to do with the boat
- Bedding, towels, and snorkeling gear
- All provisions except alcohol
- Boat will be loaded and ready to go when you arrive
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare and transportation to and from the marina
- Hotel stays and meals ashore before or after the cruise, and alcohol
- Private Cabin – $4,900 (Up to 2 persons per cabin)
- 5% Loyalty discount for Santana Sailing School grads and past cruise participants
- $150 per person for provisions
- Deposit is 60% at the time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to departure date.
- Please see Payment Options.
- Please see our Trip Cancellation Policy. By paying for your class, you agree to this Trip Cancellation Policy
- Generally, a flight to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) is easier than attempting to fly to La Paz (which usually involves connecting thru Mexico City).
- EcoBaja Tours provides low cost comfortable shuttle round trip to and from the Cabo airport and La Paz – see the Travel Details page.
- The CostaBaja Resort and the Hyatt Place La Paz are two very nice hotels right at the Marina.
- The trip begins with boarding the boat at CostaBaja Marina, beginning 5 PM the first day, usually a Saturday; enjoy a welcome with no-host sundown cocktails and a get-acquainted dinner together in the harbor; spend the first night on the boat in the harbor.
- We depart the Marina by 10:00 AM Sunday, spend 6 days cruising the islands, and return to the Marina by about 4 PM on Friday. Off the boat by 10 AM Saturday.
- See the Travel Details page for complete information.
- Deposit is 60% at the time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to departure date. Please see Payment Options.
- Please see our Cancellation Policy. By paying for your class, you agree to this Cancellation Policy.
Step One in applying to participate in a Santana Sailing training trip is to fill out the Sailing Adventure Online Application. This will help us to better determine your needs, qualifications, and compatibility with Santana Sailing and its mission. We will contact you after reviewing your application to discuss and confirm your sail training objectives, travel arrangements, and the next steps including your deposit for the trip.